Thursday, May 17, 2012

Prettier Than A Picture

Earring Photo Frame
Jewelry is not only an accessory I use to dress up outfits, it also happens to be a part of my bedroom décor. If you think about it, owning countless accessories only to be seen on occasion with the "perfect outfit" seems so drab. I love displaying my favorite pieces, whether it is necklaces, bracelets, scarves or handbags. Anything fabulous enough to glam up an outfit can also glam up your bedroom. Turning old photo frames into earring holders is how I display my favorite earrings. When it comes to accessories, if you can't see it you might forget it's there!

















 Directions

























  1. Find an old photo frame, remove the glass and any other contents on the frame
  2. Use paint or any technique, like antiquing, to compliment your room décor
  3. Hot glue strips of ribbon to the back of the frame about 1/4'' apart (The ribbon color and style depends on your preference. I went with a 7/8'' sheer nylon; it is easier to pierce the earrings into sheer ribbon)
  4. Pick out your favorite earrings or ones that match your bedroom ensemble and scatter among the frame
  5. Voila! You now have your very own prettier than a picture earring photo frame!

How do you organize your accessories?
 



15 comments:

  1. Great DIY idea! I think I'm gonna try this out later on :)
    Would you like to follow each other on GFC? :)

    tiffiemonster
    http://tiffiemonster.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tiffany! I just started following you :)

      Delete
  2. This looks great! Love the vintage frame and it definitely makes it look more appealing that a big jumbled mess of necklace and bracelets - which is how my jewelry looks right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Megan! I know my jewelry use to be a jumbled mess in the past too! Just checked out your blog and it is absolutely adorable!
      We should follow each other :)

      Delete
    2. Aw, thanks Emily! Agreed :) Following you now!

      Delete
  3. what a cute idea! I'm currently using some vintage pink Depression glass to hold all of my bracelets and such, but I think I need to expand my setup a bit! This would be a pretty sweet addition :) Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really into vintage right now. A vintage pink Depression glass sounds like a great idea!

      Delete
  4. This is such a great idea! how creative. love it! thanks for the inspiration.
    thanks for visiting our blog! we hope you come back soon!

    xo,

    wardrobe girls

    www.wardrobesimetandliked.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this idea! so cute and clever!

    -kim
    found the route

    ReplyDelete
  6. I ts so true that you are more likely to forget about things if they are out if sight. I think this is why I wear the same couple items all the time. I might have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the same problem! Now I find myself wearing more than I ever realized I even owned!

      Delete
  7. how creative!! inspired, truly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a cute idea! I LOVE IT! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely adore your blog! Just added you. Can't wait to follow each other and see what else you have in store!

    ReplyDelete

I always love reading what my followers have to say! Thank you for taking the time to comment. I promise I'll get back you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...