Thursday, March 22, 2012

Just a Sink Turned Kitchen Mink

Before
My little kitchen, as you can see, was fully equipped with…absolutely nothing the day I moved in! No garbage disposal, no dishwasher, no appliances, no dish storage; it was merely a sink and roller-cart.

Being the type of person who loves to decorate and make a living space my own, it was obvious at the sight of this sink that there was much work to do. After a little feng shui, followed by urgent stops at IKEA, Lowe's, Ross and HomeGoods to find deals on kitchen "must-haves," my little sink turned into kitchen mink in just two days!



After
 



IKEA has great deals on kitchen accessories.
Wall Dish Rack - $10.99
Appliance Holder - $5.99
Glass Bowl - $2.99

Lowe's is my favorite store for purchasing affordable and sturdy shelving units. They are easy to install (ladies, if you're not strong and under 5' 2'' you can do it too!). They have a huge variety. I chose a decorative white scroll bracket to add distinct character to my shelf, which compliments the vino décor collection on my white corner shelf.

HomeGoods & Ross- Making a space your own is all about your choice of accents and wall décor. As you can see, I found a canvas with one of my favorite quotes printed on it, a recipe stand for my monthly subscription to CookingLight and a white-trim pin board to fill with photos, notes, recipes and grocery lists.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a HUGE improvement. It looks great! I really like all the accents you added to the area....I can't wait to see more of your home projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great Emily!! I have been meaning to hit up Ikea before I start deckin' out our new place. Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete

I always love reading what my followers have to say! Thank you for taking the time to comment. I promise I'll get back you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...